Sunday, September 22, 2013

A New Design is coming to the AQP......

Hello everyone:

I have some great news for everyone involved with the AQP.

Earlier this past week I got an e-mail from someone wanting a Kitten Quilt for a child battling Cancer.  I had nothing on hand and didn't really know what to tell her, so I did some searching around my 'cluttered' (and that's a UNDERSTANDMENT!!!) and found some old charts that I'd printed out about 5 or 6 years ago.

The series is the Millennium Cats from Pam Kellogg.  I looked for her web-site and quickly realized it was no longer available!  OUCH!  I did find a way to contact her though through Etsy!  She's no long doing the cross stitch designs, instead concentrating on other sewing related items, but nonetheless I got in touch with her to seek permission to use her Cats on the quilt.

I got a quick resonse from her and she agreed to let us use the charts and so I'm currently working on them.  It's a series of 13 Cats, one for each month and one for a Birthday piece.  They're smallish in size, measuring perhaps 3" x 3" in stitched size.  I've finished the first 2 and am about half-way through the 3rd and they do work up fast.  I'll post pics of them once I get finished and before sending them to the finisher.

I got back in touch with Pam and asked her if she'd consider doing a piece for the AQP, even though she no longer does the cross stitch and she's agreed to!

Apparently it will be a cat and I probably won't get it until around Christmas of this year or perhaps the first of next year, but we will be getting a new AQP design to stitch!

Pam has also agreed to give the copyrights to the AQP as well!  That's more great news!

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Thank you all for what you do for the AQP and, once again, I can never thank you all enough!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment