Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Some random thoughts.........

I just realized something earlier this week.  I've been posting that we've been doing this group now for 13+ years, but in reality it's been 14+ years!!!  How stupid of me!  I can't even remember how old this group is!  Oh well, I guess it's my age showing!

Anywho, I've been sitting here and doing a whole lot of stitching lately, much more then I've done in the past couple of years and I've realized just how much I actually missed doing it again. 

I've been working on a series of Charlie's Ark pieces and over this past week I've finished 6 new pieces and gotten them sent to a finisher in Montana.  Those 6 pieces will be for a boys blanket and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Right now I've finished the first of another 6 Charlie's Ark pieces, this series to be for a girl this time around.  While the boys blanket features Charlie and 4 of his animals and the Charlie's Ark logo, this one will feature his sister, Susie and another 4 of the animals and the Charlie's Ark logo again.

I guess the thing I like the most about all of these charts is that they use the same colors over and over and you don't have to go searching for a new color, unless you've run out of one of the flosses you're using, so it's much easier to work with. 

The down side is that there are a lot of half and 3/4 stitches but I've gotten around them and gotten quite use to them by now.  They are fun though, but sometimes a reat PITA!  LOL!

Once I finish this piece I've promised Lorrie I'd do a piece for Canada and I'm looking forward to that.  I've not done much stitching for the Canadian Division so this one will be fun.  I'm looking forward to sending her a piece.  Next I'll have to do something to send to Dale so that she won't think I've forgotten about here up there in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  Like I could do that!  LOL!

I have found another Hello Kitty piece that looks interesting and I might just add that to my list and send that one to Dale to finish and send back to me.  I can use it as a fundraiser for the AQP.

Speaking of fund-raisers......

I've sent off 8 or 9 pieces to Jennifer in Texas for a larger Charlie's Ark blanket and I hope that one turns out well and I am looking forward to seeing it, too.  I'm taking requests for the 2014 Special Project for the AQP until the first of the year and an announcement will be made in January of 2014 as to what that Special Project will be, so keep an eye open for that.  Right now Sponge Bob, Hello Kitty (again!), and the AQP angels I designed are in the running, so keep those requests coming in to me at Eprise01@aol.com.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July and I do hope each and everyone of you here in the USA had a wonderful holiday.  Be safe!  Enjoy the time with your families!  Keep everyone in our Armed Forces in your prayers, as well as their families!  Enjoy the Fireworks and HAE A GOOD TIME!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment